Monday, May 19, 2008

Sharing....

I wanted to share more about some of the speakers at the recent Homeschool convention. I have enjoyed reading over the books I've purchased from there. Ginger Plowman spoke on parenting and using scripture to train your children. I purchased a chart called Wise words for moms which is great. I encourage you to take a look at it on her site. I have used it a few times already with great success. It lists the behavior problem, heart questions to ask the child, what behavior to put off with a scripture verse and then what behavior to put on with a scripture verse along with extra scriptures that match it.

We also enjoyed listening to Phil Downer speak. He was so encouraging, especially to dads. If you ever have a chance to hear him the definitely take the time. He has a great book called A Father's Reward. It would be a great Father's day present.

I did not get to listen to Teri Maxwell speak but I bought two books of hers that have really encouraged me lately. One is Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet spirit. I have loved this book. I can't wait to go back through slowly with the study guide answering the questions and reading the scriptures. I also bought Managers of their Homes. If you are looking to implement a schedule for you and your children then it's a great book. I think it's time for us to become much more scheduled. I do not plan on having every moment scheduled but at least a morning and afternoon would help us. I'm still working on designing one. She takes you through this process slowly. So your schedule is well thought out and prayed over.

Amy

No comments: