Thursday, August 21, 2008

Almost ready!

I thought I would share some pictures of what I've been doing to prepare for Baby #3's arrival. I've really enjoyed nesting this time. With my 1st son I had him so early after just finishing up my nursing exam. So, I didn't really do a whole lot. Then with #2 we were selling our house and moving right after he was born. So, he was in our room. This time we are settled, for now and I enjoyed fixing up a baby room.

Here is a skirt I made for my changing table with a friend's help and my mom finished it off. I really wanted to add color to the room and cover up the storage area.



The baby bed all ready.
A custom canvas that I painted for the baby. All it needs is a name!
A bassinet in our room. It's actually a co-sleeper.
The legs raise up and it attaches to our bed. This will be so nice at night!

Here is what I have loved purchasing the most...my cloth diapers. This will be the first baby that we use cloth diapers on and I think they are so cute. I'll have to buy alot more after I have the baby, but I bought a few different types to try out. I think that my favorite are the Bum Genius 3.0 pocket diapers and Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers. I also have lots of prefolds and covers to use with them and a Motherease One size with a cover. They are all so soft. I purchased most of them from Cotton Babies.



I found these two carriers at a local consignment sale. The one on the left is a Babyhawk Mei Tai. The one on the right is a pouch type sling. I would like to try carrying my baby this time. I'm sure with two others to keep up with a good carrier will come in handy.

Here are the boy and girl going home outfits.

I even have the carseat and stroller ready. Now just waiting on the baby!

I do still have a few little things to get done before the baby comes, but not much. The major stuff is done. I am very anxious to see if this little one is a boy or girl. It will be a great surprise. Since I've had one really early baby and one very late baby I'll just have to wait and see when this one decides to come. It might be my first to come on my due date!

Amy

No comments: