Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Granny

Amy Ruth (February 14, 1935-September 17,2007)
Dear Granny,

I miss you but I'm very happy for you. I know you are glad to be in the loving arms of Jesus. I am sure you are singing in your beautiful, Alto voice along with your mom, your baby of 3 years Gene, and your firstborn James. We missed you very much yesterday and I tried not to cry but to rejoice for you. I could almost hear your voice singing in the church along with everyone "Amazing Grace." I was so very comforted by the words. Yesterday morning I was prompted to grab my Bible while praying with my cup of coffee before the kids woke up. I had been praying for comfort and the Holy Comforter(Spirit) led me to the passage in Matthew 20:26 "Yet it shall not be so among you but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant." Granny you were always a servant to everyone around you. Every time we were at your house you were always cooking and making sure everyone was well fed. Matthew 19:2-4 "Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of Heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself as this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Granny you always had such a child's heart. This last year after your stroke your child's heart came all the way out. You no longer worried about the day to day things anymore. But, even through that the real you shined through by making sure everyone had something to eat. I will never forget last time I was there how you held the bag of cookies down so my boys could get a cookie. Yesterday my mom did the same thing at your house and it reminded me of you. I will always remember you with a smile on your face. I will always cherish the times that I stayed with you as a teen when I needed to rest from what was going on around me. You welcomed me with open arms and I enjoyed the comfort of "Granny's house." I know that you lived such a hard life and that your last years were lived out in pain. I can almost hear Jesus calling you home "Come home, ye who are weary come home." You would have enjoyed yesterday at your home. Most of your family was there, along with some friends. The kids were playing and having such a good time. We were all out on the porch swinging, talking and enjoying the beautiful fall day. I really missed you dearly and it's not quite right without your presence. But, I know one day in heaven we will rejoice together once again. Goodbye for now and I know I will see you again.
I love you!
Amy

No comments: