Thursday, April 29, 2010

What to do with Avacodos?

I had never bought Avacodos until I saw a recipe to make Chocolate pudding with them. I adapted the recipe and here it is:



3 Tbsp of butter

1 C. Mashed avocado with a couple tbsp of water mixed in to get a good pureed consistency

1 C. Powdered sugar

1/2 c. cocoa powder

1 tsp. vanilla



Melt butter in saucepan on low, add in mashed avocado. Using a silicone spatula mash stir in sugar and cocoa. Mash with spatula until well blended and pudding is warm. Add in vanilla and stir. Then place in a blender ( I use a small one). Whip it up and stir, then again. This will make it very smooth.



This pudding is very, very sweet and chocolaty. Great for dipping fruit in.









Another quick use for Avocados is to place avocado in food processor or blender with salsa. Puree and use for dipping or spread on quesidillas, etc. My kids love this and it's so super easy. It takes down the spice level of salsa to their liking.

No comments: