Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Breakfast meals



We get tired of the same thing for breakfast.  I also hate to do cereal from the store because I then have kids begging for a snack in just an hour.  I strive to do whole grain recipes that will hold everyone over.  These are all the Breakfast meals that I cook but some are only cooked on the weekend.  If I can't make it ahead and just bake in the morning I usually don't make it during the week.  Most muffins can be mixed up the night before and sit in the fridge.  The baked oatmeal and cooked cereal can be made ahead.  I do make granola cereal in the morning because it's pretty quick to mix up.  I hope these ideas help you with your menu planning.


  Oatmeal- we like to add chocolate chips, blueberries, cinnamon, coconut, or peanut butter.  Many times I make the oatmeal and dish it in the bowls.  The kids then add in their favorite things.  I don't allow chocolate chips all the time but occasionally.

 Granola cereal   one of our favorites.  I've also found others I cook.
 Muffins- applesauce(these are from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook), banana chocolate chip ( I substitute applesauce for the mayo in these and 1tbsp of coconut oil)
 Smoothies or our favorite smoothie recipe- Chocolate smoothie ( I usually throw in a little spinach)
Waffles
Pancakes(oatmeal pancakes)
 Baked oatmeal
Baked cereal
 French toast
 Toast and eggs
okay, sometimes we do eat cereal!

1 comment:

Jenny Girl said...

You are such a rockstar with all your breakfast recipes. So gonna copy you :)Thanks,girl!