Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lunches

Lunches around here have to be quick.  I have learned that there are many things I just can't do for lunch because it takes too much time.  I often get a child or two to help me make lunch.  They wash the fruit and cut it or make sandwiches.  Sometimes I use this as a chance to teach them how to make simple things such as scramble eggs, etc.  I love to use the plastic lunch trays to serve the kids on.  It just seems fun to me.  It also helps to fill them with different items.
Our outdoor lunchroom(aka. mom doesn't have to clean the floor)

Egg burritos (scrambled eggs wrapped in a tortilla shell with cheese and sometimes salsa)

Spinach wraps(tortilla shell with mayo, garlic salt and dill weed, spinach and lunch meat, rolled up)

Sandwiches with fruit on the side ( we have Peanut butter and jelly, chicken salad, tuna salad, meat and cheese)

Little kids get snack trays with cheese, ham roll, crackers, raisins, fruit

Make your own salad( I put out tomatoes, cheese, chick peas, green peas, nuts, raisins, fruit, etc.)

Leftovers

Pasta salad with a half sandwich

Pita pocket sandwiches

Pizzas made on tortilla shells or pita bread

Pasta stars with grilled cheese (these are like homemade spaghetti O's)
 
Quesadilla with leftover tacos

1 comment:

Jenny Girl said...

Okay - I am SO hungry after reading your food blogs :) Thanks for the ideas!