Thursday, February 23, 2012

Suppers


Suppers Meals

Here are some of our regular Supper meals.  So is it really Supper or Dinner?????  I love to read blogs and get new ideas to rotate in.  Maybe the list will help some of you with your menu planning.  I tried to include recipes for some.  Many times since we are diary and corn free I have just made up a recipe as I go along.  I take recipes and change them to work with what we can have.  

Crock-pot
Chicken, sweet potatoes ( I cook chicken in the bottom with seasoning and a cup of water, layer aluminum foil and cook sweet potatoes on top)  You can use the chicken meat for chicken spaghetti or BBQ chicken.


Beef tips, potatoes ( cubed beef stew meat with seasoning, after it's done cooking I make gravy with the broth from it and add it to the meat)

A great crock-pot cooking website to get ideas from is Crock pot 365


Sausage, beans rice(a made up recipe, usually with lots of ground up veggies!)
Spaghetti
BBQ chicken sandwiches
Sloppy joes(from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook)
Pizza
Chicken spaghetti ( I just use chicken broth, flour and butter to make a gravy, spice it with garlic salt and basil then toss in cubed chicken breast and place on spaghetti noodles.  Maybe I'll do a recipe post one day.  We can't do dairy so I don't have any cream of anything fake soups or cheese in it.)
bean and rice burritos
Meatball subs
Breakfast -bacon, eggs, grits, oats, biscuits
Hamburgers( from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook)
Meatloaf, potatoes, vegetables 
Salmon burgers (this is similar to the black bean burgers but with a can of salmon instead of beans)

Soups
Chili (from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook)
Meatball soup (from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook)
Vegetable soup
Taco soup
Potato soup in blender (from the Vita mix cookbook)

No comments: