Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Making My Home a Haven

I'm joining in on a challenge of sorts to Make my home a Haven. Really I need to develop a better morning routine and this caught my eye. Crystal has challenged her readers to join her in Making our homes a haven. I am copying the challenge and posting it here so you can see. I will shorten it so check her sight for the full challenge.

Today's Challenge:
1. Refresh Your Spirit (5 minutes)Take five minutes, brew a cup of tea or coffee, and sit down and be still before the Lord. Pray, read a Psalm, thank the Lord for His goodness and blessing in your life. So before you do anything else today, take time to refresh your spirit in the Lord.


2. Take Time to Plan (5 minutes)Today's planning project is centered on a morning routine. Write down five things you want to do in the same order every morning. Keep it simple and only stick to five things.
After I spent some time praying I came up with my first five things:
  1. Get up! (that's the hardest), Make hot tea
  2. Wash face.
  3. Sip on hot tea and spend time with the Lord praying and reading my Bible.
  4. Make breakfast. Cook, if needed, pancakes, oatmeal, muffins. I want to try to cook in time for my husband to eat.
  5. Make my lists of things to do, things to remember, etc. Think about supper and if I need to prepare anything in the am.


3. Do Something! (5 -15 minutes)Each day I'm going to be giving you a simple organizational task to complete in your home. And today we're going to start at the very beginning - a very good place to start!
Okay, so I haven't done anything yet, but I plan to this afternoon. I probably only will spend 5-10 minutes but I will. I am starting in the kitchen with the pantry.


Amy

No comments: